Immigrate to Serbia from US
Immigrate to Serbia from USUpdated on Sunday 18th October 2020
Rate this article
based on 2 reviews.
based on 2 reviews.
Even though there is no need for a visa to enter Serbia as a US national, there are certain rules and regulations that apply for immigration to this country. US citizens can stay up to 90 days in Serbia, yet if the stays prolong, the visa requirements change. Our Serbian lawyers can provide legal assistance and advice for US nationals interested in immigration to Serbia. They can also help you start a business in Serbia if you are from USA.
Requirements for permanent visa for Serbia
As mentioned above, American nationals do not need a visa if they want to enter Serbia and stay for up to 90 days. However, things change if they want to stay longer than this period. A permanent visa is required and the following conditions apply:
- Living without interruptions in Serbia for at least 5 years with a temporary residence permit allows you to apply for this kind of visa.
- If you are married to a Serbin citizen or a foreign one who has permanent residence, you can apply for a permanent Serbian visa.
- Having Serbian relatives makes you a good candidate for a visa.
- If you have a temporary residence permit as a citizen benefiting from humanitarian protection you can apply for a visa.
In terms of documents, we can handle all the formalities. Here are the main documents for family reunification application:
- A medical certificate issued by a medical society in Serbia.
- The visa application form.
- Proof of education (diplomas, certificates, etc.).
- A copy of the birth certificate.
- A passport copy with the authorized temporary stays.
- Proof of relationship with Serbian citizenship (spouse, parents, etc.)
- Proof you have sufficient funds to support the living in Serbia.
Our Serbian lawyers can help you with the visa application right from the start. Feel free to discuss with us and solicit legal support.
Temporary visas for Serbia
US nationals who want to stay more than just 90 days in Serbia will have to obtain a temporary residence permit that can be obtained from the local police. It is important to note that US citizens cannot apply for such a document from the home country. In terms of documents, proof of the domicile in Serbia is required, and the American citizen must apply for a temporary residence permit as soon as he or she moves to Serbia, in no more than 24 hours from the arrival.
Other important details about immigration regulations in Serbia
Once in Serbia, US citizens should observe the regulations in this country. For instance, one can use the driver’s license issued in America for one year, or as long as the temporary residence permit is available. In matters of health, the US health insurance is not accepted in Serbia, yet, emergency services are provided free of charge.
The Serbian authorities have the right to make some verifications and deny the entrance of US citizens without a clear criminal record or being implicated in crimes abroad. Feel free to ask for legal support from our lawyers in Serbia and see all the formalities related to immigration to Serbia.
Can I relocate my company from USA to Serbia?
Yes, company relocation in Serbia is possible for US nationals who own companies, as long as the Company Act is respected. First of all, the de-registration of the firm from the country of origin is required. Then, a series of documents must be prepared, such as a declaration stating the intention of business relocation in Serbia. The company relocation in Serbia might be complex for persons from abroad, so legal advice is suggested. Our Serbian lawyers can help you relocate your business from USA to Serbia in compliance with the applicable laws. They can also help you start a business in Serbia from scratch.
Making investments in Serbia
Serbia is open for business to American entrepreneurs, with a relaxed investment policy, a safe business climate, and many other advantages. There are many US companies already on the market and thriving in Serbia. The company incorporation or relocation is simple, as long as all the formalities and bureaucracies are respected. Yet, for a correct business formation in Serbia you can talk to our Serbian lawyers. Here are some facts and figures about the business and economy in Serbia:
- Around USD 44 billion was the total FDI stock for Serbia in 2019.
- According to the 2020 Doing Business report issued by the World Bank, Serbia ranks 44th out of 190 economies in the world.
- Around 56% of the total greenfield projects in Serbia were directed to the manufacturing sector in this country.
- About 70% of the total foreign direct investments in Serbia were directed to the manufacturing sector.
If you are from USA and interested in immigration to Serbia, please feel free to contact our law firm in Serbia.